Thursday, January 05, 2006

Where do I go from here?

In Progress 1

In Progress 2


In Progress 3


In Progress 4

Christmas break has been wonderful beyond words. I have been needing a break like this for months. Amongst doing art for Christmas presents for friends and family this year, I have been working on a painting that I started over Thanksgiving. The odd thing about this piece is that I really don't know here I am going with it. It is just of building itself as I go along.

I've been taking pictures of it as I have been working on it (about 15 hours of work at this point) and it is kind of cool to see it take shape. It's getting close to what I would consider done, but it's not there yet.

It just sort of dawned on me today that this is exactly what my life is doing in this moment as well. I mean, I'm kind of at a threshold where things have changed a lot for me, especially over the past few weeks. I don't have a real clear vision of where I will be even 6 months down the road, but I definitely feel excited and confident that things will work out well. I at least hold firmly to the hope that this will be a better year for cars for me than last year was.

I also started reading my journal entries from when I was in France. It really has been an adventure for me to visit those memories and experiences all over again in my mind. I can see the faces of the people so clearly. The scenery, the culture, the food - it is all so vivid in my mind. Suddenly I realize how much I miss it. It is yet another glipse in retrospect of where I have been compared to where I am now. I practically don't know what to think. Things definitely have gone in a completely different way from what I had been planning 3 years ago after I got back to the US. Now I can't help but wonder what I will think three years from now when I go back and look at where I am today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home