Monday, January 09, 2006

"Introspection"

The painting has finally been finished and I have chosen to title it, "Introspection." I originally intended on finishing this one over Thanksgiving. I originally intended to do something completely different with this one, but it seemed to have a will of its own.

In case it is news to anyone, I have been doing way too much thinking and such over break. I found it to be kind of enlightening. Needless to say, for someone to finally come to terms with their own self, it is a really joyful and happy as well as a downright mind-numbingly depressing experience. It actually hits everything in between, as well as other feelings I didn't know I had.

Where am I going with this, you may ask? Well, a lot of my pondering was done with a brush in hand, headphones on with music playing, and me just sitting there doing what I love while pondering who I really am. And this went beyond the basic master statuses of "mormon" or "skinny caucasian dude" or even "artist." The resulting piece is, well, extremely self-expressive. I chose to title it introspection because that is exactly what it was. I think it is probably the most emotionally laden piece I have ever done. I think this has also been one of the most emotionally laden and challenging times I have ever gone through. The most unique thing about it is that as I was going along, I wasn't sure where I was going with it. I had no real vision of how it would turn out. I just went along, stroke by stroke, following my instinct, my feelings, my hopes, dreams, and desires. It is truly an expression of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home