Saturday, January 14, 2006

Could it be? Will this really be my year for cars?

Seeing that we are now two weeks into the new year, I already have car experiences. I guess I will never get a break from it. Last Saturday, while delivering pizza, my speedometer decided to stop working. It would read zero on occasion, and other times it would be all over the place, bouncing from 20 mph to 110 in a matter of seconds. It didn't bother me too much at first, despite the fact that my car has no tachometer and is a manual transmission. One thing that helped was not having a stereo anymore. I had to rely entirely on engine sound and feel to determine about how fast I was going. If the irony of the situation wasn't so hilarious, I could have been frustrated and angry by all of this. But, I wasn't. At least, not too much.

Yesterday I finally got a chance to meet up with my dad and have him take a look at it. Toyota said that it could cost up to $450 to fix if any parts of the electronic speedomter required replacing. But as he suspected and as proved to be the case, it was simply a loose connection. It took all of about 2 minutes to find and reconnect. I wish more of my problems (the few problems that I actually have) were this easy to fix.

And to add even more irony to the situation, after I got it working I got pulled over by the police. I wasn't even speeding, I used my turning signals, and everything. Yeah, she just wanted to let me know that my rear license plate was hanging by only one screw (thanks to the guy that rear ended me last year and drove off). I think she just wanted to see if I was drunk. But she was really nice actually. In my experience, females cops are generally very strict and harsh, but she was amazingly polite and kind. I was back on the road in two minutes.

So, it looks like this may truly be my good year for cars!

In other news, I have finally received some of my text books that I ordered. This can mean only one thing: school is inevitable. Plus, we'll be doing some chalk drawings and stuff tomorrow to hopefully get some quality pledges for Delta Sigma Pi this semester. It should be fun! I hope the weather cooperates.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miracle said...

I can relate to car problems... hang in there.. I predict a good year for you! :)

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home